Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Daily Polluter - a Community Forum about the Black Cloud

As you may have read in our about page the Daily Polluter is a response to the destruction of our environment and global climate change. We initiated this community forum in response to a strange atmospheric phenomenon that has been seen by many citizens of Northern California, yet ignored by the Main Stream Media. We intend to give YOU the chance to report your sightings of this mysterious Black Cloud so that we can come to understand it, determine whether it is dangerous, and figure out what to do about it.


The very first eyewitness reports of the Black Cloud occurred in May of 2008 when citizens of Silicon Valley started seeing a hazyblack figure in the sky. Unlike other clouds, the Black Cloud did not move with the wind. Even though sightings were widespread and well documented, local law enforcement and newspapers dismissed them as mass-hysteria, hallucinations, or bogus UFO stories.

True, some of the sightings were rather unbelievable. Claudia Nambit of San Jose was quoted as saying;

"It first appeared after my Escalade failed the Smog test. It was horrible - a thousand-eyed demon that chased me down the fast lane at 100 mph! When I got pulled over, the Police Officer thought I was like lying! But look at the picture I took!"(original sighting)

A far more trustworthy report comes from Yudai Kumozora of Redwood City;

"It was a beautiful day and I was in a traffic jam on 880 South when I spotted a huge dark cloud hovering over a cargo ship in the port about a quarter-mile to my right. I looked down to fiddle with my radio or something, and when I looked up half-a-second later the entire cloud was hovering over the highway above me! It blocked off so much light from the sun that I had to turn on my headlights... I don't know how it flew over so quickly - I don't think there was any wind. It sure was weird!"(original sighting)

Some research organizations did pursue the reports. Greg Niemeyer, a professor at UC Berkeley and member of the Berkeley Institute for Design (BID), which researches the intersection of emotion and technology, released this statement;

"I have initiated a project to investigate this phenomenon. I would be very surprised if any of these reports were true, but as a scientist, the only things that kill you are the ones you don't believe in. We must always keep an open mind."(official site)

Despite Daily Polluter requests for more information, Niemeyer could not be convinced to send any results for the study, claiming that the "data was inconclusive." We urge you to keep your eyes on the skies and send us a report about anything unusual you have seen!

No comments: